Philadelphia Youth Regatta | July 25, 2015
- Date – Saturday, July 23, 2016
- Location – Schuylkill River, Philadelphia, PA
- Host Organization – Schuylkill Navy of Philadelphia
- This is a USRowing registered regatta. The Regatta will be conducted in accordance with USRowing Rules of Rowing.
- All events (except Dashes (1/4 mile) and Novice (1000 m) are 2000m from stakeboats.
- The event will be livestreamed at www.rowinglive.com.
- Questions – Contact Bonnie Mueller
July 23 is usually a hot day. Mid-day temperatures typically exceed 90 degrees, and there is often little time between similar events during our one-day format (the GJ1x and GJ2x, for example). Coaches are cautioned from entering any athlete in more than two events and reminded to ensure that your team hydrates appropriately throughout the day.
- All pre-registration is done at Regatta Central, but please take a moment to review the rules and regulations in our Regatta Bulletin. Details at Competitors | Registration.
- There is no on-site registration at the regatta, but you are welcome to check in with us at the Schuylkill Navy Regatta HQ tent located near the City Dock (just downriver from the Gillin (SJP/SJU) Boathouse.
- The estimated regatta start time is 8:00 a.m. The final schedule will be set after standard registration closes on July 21. Our best early guess on the regatta schedule is last year’s schedule.
- We will NOT have heats with top boats advancing to finals. Time trials for a limited number of events will be added ONLY if necessary to accommodate all standard registration entries.
- A PYR “flight” award will be given to all 1st place finishers in each flight. Boats crossing the line first will be invited to immediately come to the Awards Dock to receive their award.
- Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place times in each event (top three times across all flights in an event). Athletes are invited to come – as a full boat – to the Awards Dock to receive their awards when available.
- The regatta will NOT be delayed to accommodate doubling or hot-seating. In the heat, it’s just not fair to the other competitors.
- The regatta is open to juniors only.
- A junior is a competitor who in the current calendar year does not attain the age of 19, or who is and has been continuously enrolled in secondary school as a full time student seeking a diploma. A competitor thus ceases to be a Junior after December 31 of the year of his or her 18th birthday, or of the year in which he or she completes the 12th grade of secondary school, having been a full time student, whichever is later.
- A junior 16 is a competitor who will not attain the age of 17 in the current calendar year.
- Competitors in the new Under 14 Eights events cannot attain the age of 15 in the current calendar year.
- There will be a mandatory coaches and coxswains meeting next to the Schuylkill Navy Regatta HQ tent one hour before the start of the first race.
- Novice events (Boys and Girls 1x and 4x) are open to only those athletes who have not raced prior to January 1st. Individuals who competed as sweep rowers PRIOR to Jan 1 are not permitted to enter the Novice sculling events. These events are intended for athletes new to racing within this calendar year.
Entry fees: Singles $22.00, Doubles & Pairs $44.00, Quads $79.00, Fours $80.00, Eights $118.00.